When a friend or loved one is in the hospital, you want to let them know they’re in your thoughts, that you’re supporting and encouraging them. A great way to show you care is by sending cards, gifts, and especially flowers. Flowers are known to boost spirits and have been proven to make people smile longer and more fully than other types of gifts. But there are so many flowers to choose from and a lot to think about when sending them to a hospital- where to start?
The floral experts at Mancuso’s Florist are here to provide you with tips about choosing get-well flowers that fit into hospital settings, and those that convey a special sentiment. We’ll also guide you through the process of hospital deliveries to ensure your arrangement arrives when and where it should.
Tips for Choosing and Sending Get-Well Flowers
Sending flowers is always a thoughtful gesture. When sending flowers to hospitals, though, there are a few things to consider. Take a look at these tips before choosing the perfect get-well floral design.
- Choose flowers that are long-lasting and low-maintenance. Plants and flowers that stand the test of time are something your loved one can take home from the hospital with them. Low-maintenance varieties allow the patient to focus on healing and recovery.
- Choose flowers that are allergy-free. Keep blooms full of allergens away from allergy-prone hospital personnel. Instead, choose hypoallergenic blooms like chrysanthemums and orchids. The hospital staff will thank you.
- Choose flowers that are bright and happy. Cheerful and colorful bouquets are a huge encouragement when someone is in the hospital. Brighten up a drab hotel room and lift spirits significantly when you send happy colorful blooms.
- Choose flowers that come in durable containers. While fragile vases are very pretty, they could also be hazardous in a crowded hospital room. Be sure to choose durable, sturdy containers to protect flowers in case they are moved, bumped or knocked over in the hospital room.
- Choose flowers in smaller arrangements. Large arrangements could be in the way in a hospital room. Choose instead a small, compact design that will bring lots of color without taking up too much space. Our Splash of Autumn Bouquet is a great example of a compact arrangement that packs a punch of color.
A Guide to Meanings Behind Get-Well Flowers
Flowers have long been associated with significant symbols and meanings, depending on which variety and color you choose. Your get-well flowers can send very particular messages. Here’s a list of some popular get-well flowers and the messages they symbolize.
- Lilies: Bright, colorful trumpet-shaped blooms fill a bouquet with a cheerful color. For centuries these blooms have symbolized life and good fortune.
- Hydrangea: Soft, cloud-like spheres of pastel color, these sweet flowers symbolize perseverance.
- Sunflowers: The gorgeous sunny faces of these happy flowers have often been used to symbolize good fortune and optimism.
- Daisies: These bright, happy blooms as featured in our Trendy Autumn Fresh Bouquet are a great pick-me-up since they represent all things cheerful and positive.
- Roses: Classic and beautiful, roses have represented many sentiments, including faith in the future and good luck.
- Peonies: Full and ruffled, these darlings are a cheerful addition to any get-well bouquet since they represent healing, good health, and a happy life.
Trendy Autumn Fresh Bouquet
Be sure to contact your hospital once you’ve selected your flowers to determine preferred delivery times and make sure flowers are allowed on your loved one’s floor. When talking to your florist, be sure to communicate the hospital’s entire name and address as well as your patient’s full name and room number. The floral designers at Mancuso’s Florist will take it from there. We’re happy to create and deliver a beautiful floral design of your choosing. Let us be part of the process of sending your friends and loved ones get-well flowers.